Get a sneak peek at Neil Gaiman and Chris Riddell’s new book, Art Matters, and enter for your chance to win a copy.
We’re excited to announce that over on Imagination Matters, we’ve teamed up with award-winning author Neil Gaiman, and Waterstones Children’s Laureate for 2015-2017 Chris Riddell, to celebrate their new work, Art Matters.
Published by Headline, this beautifully illustrated collection of ideas and advice is a tale of Neil’s experiences finding the freedom to be creative while avoiding the pitfalls of self-limitation. It’s a manifesto for the power and importance of imagination, art and the willingness to try and fail and try again! Chris re-imagines Neil’s words and plants their sense of wonder in our minds with a serious of poignant illustrations.
“We have an obligation to imagine”
Art Matters by Neil Gaiman
We’re delighted to be able to share an exclusive look at the book on Imagination Matters, with a hand-picked selection of three illustrative spreads which are a rallying call for learning by doing, the power of the individual’s imagination and the importance of story-telling, reading and literature.
We hope that you enjoy this sneak peek as much as we did – visit Imagination Matters to explore.
We’re also giving you the chance to win one of three copies of this beautiful hard back book which is released on 6 September 2018.
Enter the competition
Fill in your details below and answer the question by 21 September 2018 for your chance to win.
Competition terms and conditions
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of the Institute of Imagination. The prize will be posted to UK addresses only.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competition
- The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by 21 September.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery may result in forfeiture of the prize. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, we will offer the prize to the next entrant drawn at random
- Your data will be stored for the purposes of drawing a winner for this competition and will be deleted after the winner has been contacted and has accepted their prize. We will not retain details of any entrants after this date.